Monday, August 20, 2012

Squigglefly Challenge 3312 & Outlawz Copic Challenge


It's Monday and time for a new Squigglefly challenge.  This week the challenge is handed down by Rhonda's Rowdy Rascals - woo hoo team!  The challenge this week is to try a new technique.  Well, I tried 2 different techniques and, truthfully, I will need to practice up on one of them!  The first technique I had used just in tiny, tiny amounts before - and that's using Crystal Effects.  I hadn't tried puddle amounts before.  I couldn't really get the picture to reflect the shininess of the water/Crystal Effects, but IRL it's really shiny!  The second technique I need lots of practice on is using the flicking technique on hair.  Always before, I put down the color and blended it - leaving some white space. This time, I tried using flicks for the strands or locks of hair - and I need to practice!!!

Sure hope you can join us this week - and try a new technique.  If you haven't used Squigglefly images before - there are some freebies on the shop site.  Once  you try one - you'll love them!

And, Squigglefly offers an awesome rewards program.

It's a great deal! You sign up for the rewards by clicking on "my Squigglefly" on the home page. Once you're signed up it keeps track of what you spend. Every time you spend $15.00 -- you get credit for a free digi. You can use the credits anytime you want - let them build up or use them right away! If you've already purchased several dollars worth of digis and you're just now finding out about rewards, you can write Squigglefly and let them know and they will give you credit for the money you've spent during the current month. Now, that's a real deal!

I am also entering this in the Outlawz Friday Copic Challenge which started 8/17. 

Card Recipe:

Stamp:  Sally and Bella Get Clean by Cheryl Alger for Squigglefly
Paper:  Simple Stories - Baby Steps DP; MFP White Premium Heavy 140 lb. CS; MFP Hazelnut Tan CS
Ink:  Copics:  Water: BG000, 0000; Wash Tub: E49, 47, 44, 43, 42, and41; Bella: W7, 5,3, 1; Sally's Hair: E50, 53, 55, 57; Bow: B95, 93 and 91; Sally's Skin: E11, 00, 0000 and R21; Towel: B93 and 91

Thanks for stopping by and we hope to see your cards linked up - and, remember, you could win a prize!!

Later gator!


5 comments:

  1. Your card is just adorable. I love this image. You did great on the crystal effects, I can see it on water. Love the papers and your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card Kathy, love the adorable image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute image and I love that you tried 2 new techniques!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so cute and gorgeous card Kathy.
    great coloring.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this cute card Kathy! Your coloring on the hair is great - I need to practice that more myself! Love the shape you used to cut out the image.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!