Sunday, April 29, 2012

Happy Birthday to Uncle Fritz



Friday, May 4th is my Uncle Fritz's birthday and he is going to be 85 - still drives, golfs and does his own yard work.  Although I've talked to him until I'm blue in the face, he won't give up doing his own yard work.  They are selling their house this Fall and moving to an Assisted Living facility duplex - where they have no yard work, they have a cleaning service that comes in once each week and they have the option of 3 cooked meals each day, he said they only would be doing 2 because they don't like breakfast.  My Aunt can no longer get around to cook, but they are both still alert, quick witted and can discuss today's most current headlines with ease.  But, they won't live so far away from medical assistance if needed, etc.  I'm so happy with their selection.

Card Recipe:

Stamp:  SU Open Sea
Ink:  SU Not Quite Navy
Paper:  SU DP and CS
Accessories:  Twinery Marachino/White and Denim/White Twine



2 comments:

  1. This is a great way to use this stamp set - you got all the images on here. Wonderful card. I admire your Uncle Fritz - I can't do yard work at 50! I think this will be a good move for them. Hugz to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have made a beautiful card for your uncle kathy.
    great and fabulous stamp and what a great age.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!