Friday, October 8, 2010

Queen for the Day 30 - on Splitcoast

This card was made for the 30th Queen for the Day on Splitcoast.  The new queen is Lori (Melody Gal).  Lori has a lovely gallery and obviously tons of followers that view and favorite her cards.  My card is the same as hers, but different colors and different sentiment.  I also put stickles in the center of each little flower, but it's so little - it just doesn't show up.  If you get a chance, check out Lori's gallery on SCS - it's worth the time to browse.

Card Recipe:

Stamp:  SU Eastern Blooms
Ink:  SU Marina Mist
Paper:  SU Not Quite Navy and Whisper White
Accessories:  SU Bashful Blue ribbon and Ranger Stickles

I have to say that all of the ladies on Splitcoast are very kind - I have come into contact with several of them - and they are just wonderful!  Also, I've become a little acquainted with some sweet and kind ladies via the blogs.  A few of them have assisted me when I had blog issues!  There sure are a lot of nice folks out there on SCS and in blogland!

I had lunch with my sis today at Cracker Barrel and it was fun - as always.  We wandered through the store and looked at all the Christmas items and tried on a few hats - they were the newsboy style hats - which I love anyway.  I do believe one could spend a small fortune on ornaments, etc.

Well, enough with the blurb on the blog tonight.  Later Gator.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get to be Queen too. Your cards are wonderful. No you did not pay me even though I am your sister! I love the Cracker Barrel shop around the holidays. There are so many pretty shiny things.
    Your sis

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!