Friday, October 22, 2010

QFTD32 - Linda (Morningsun47)



First of all, let me say Happy Birthday to my handsome and charming (just like his Daddy) grandson, Taylor, who turned 14 years old yesterday!  Happy Birthday, Pally!  Can you hear me singing Happy Birthday to you?!  Love you!  

I made 2 cards for the Queen for the Day Challenge 32.  The new queen is Linda (morningsun47) from SCS.  Linda has a great gallery full of wonderful cards.  Also, Linda always leaves wonderful comments on cards in the gallery.  The first card above I CASEd from Linda - I kept the layout exactly the same, but changed the color, different punches and added an image instead of a sentiment.  The second card I CASEd from Linda had the exact same layout, but I changed the theme, colors and added flowers.  If you get a chance, check out Linda's gallery and all the cards honoring her in the QFTD32 gallery.

Card Recipes:

1st card:
Stamp:  SU Flowers in Silhouette
Ink:  Tempting Turquoise
Paper:  SU Whisper White and Tempting Turquoise
Accessories:  MS punch, misc.ribbon

2nd card:
Stamp:  Whimsy/Meljens Digi/Worm in Apple
Ink:  SU Real Red, Always Artichoke, Pear Pizazz, Pumpkin Pie and So Saffron
Paper:  SU Whisper White and Real Red; Michael's DP red gingham
Accessories:  Prima flowers, Ranger Stickles (various); computer generated sentiment

I didn't make any cards yesterday or post anything - just had no desire to play with my inks.  For some reason - I had a total block about making cards.  I did, however, straighten up my desk. 

I had lunch today with my sweet son - we went to Steak 'N Shake and I had a chocolate milkshake - yummers! 

Almost forgot my weather report - today it was sunny, breezy and the temperature reached the high 60's - a perfect Fall day! 

Well, that's it for the blurb on the blog tonight.  Later Gator!

P.S.  Hi Sis - love ya!

3 comments:

  1. beautiful cards kathy, love the card with that appel.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too sis. Gosh, the turquoise is really great on the first card. The MS punch is great too.

    The apple card is so stinkin' cute - you done good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!