Monday, September 6, 2010

Sisters and Best Friends


Happy Labor Day.  Is it correct to say Happy Labor Day or do you say Good Labor Day or Merry Labor Day - or do you even wish people a Happy Labor Day.  Now I have to worry about that too - geez.  My sister figured out what Ralph Macchio is doing (query from yesterday's blog).  Ralph is writing and directing films, he's married and has 2 kids and he's taught them the "wax on, wax off, wax on, wax off" routine.  Just joshing - maybe his kids haven't seen the old Karate Kid movie - they probably went to the new release with Will Smith's son.   After all, the 80's Karate Kid move is running on AMC now and I think kids bypass that station.  I personally love AMC - the older movies, the Randolph Scott westerns, Cary Grant and Doris Day, Rock Hudson and Doris Day (with Gig Young),  the musicals, the old Christmas movies, Holiday Inn, White Christmas and, of course, I can't forget Ralphie in The Christmas Story.

The above card is dedicated to my sister - as she lovingly checks my blog each day and leaves a comment for me.  My sis, Barb, is the sweetest and loving sister anyone could want and my best friend.  Although when we were little, she might have wanted to trade me off for a couple of hoola hoops or a case of Pepsi.  I think I used to follow her around a lot and my Mom would make Barb take me along with her - which I'm sure it wasn't the coolest thing to have to drag your little sis around!  Love ya - Sis!

Card Recipe:

[Note:  Don't look too close at the skin/hair, as I used Copics and I haven't had my first class yet with Suzanne Dean.]

Stamp:  SU Nicest Things
Paper: SU Pacific Point, Pink, Whisper White; Basic Gray DP
Ink: Copics (Skin; e01, e02, e11 and 0); (Hair: e35, e31, yr20, e53); (Clothes:  SU Pacific Point, Marina Mist, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight; Regal Rose, Real Red, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Old Artichoke)
Accessories:  Prima Blue/Pink Flowers; SU Blue Gem Brad; Misc. Blue/White ribbon)

Hope  you have a wonderful Labor Day!  Later Gator.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to my very talented sis for thinking of me. I love being your Fan Club leader. You really do create very beautiful cards.

    Love ya
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card reminds me of you and your sis:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!